Bangladesh Premier League T20
The fourth edition of the Bangladesh Premier League is going to take place in this coming November; BCB Media Committee chairman Jalal Yunus informed about the matter.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The fourth edition of the Bangladesh Premier League is going to take place in this coming November; BCB Media Committee chairman Jalal Yunus informed about the matter.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dhaka Dominators - Full Squad 2023
Players being enticed before auction EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 4:37 pm by Admin

» Sylhet Strikers - 2023 Squad
Players being enticed before auction EmptyMon Nov 07, 2022 3:19 am by Admin

» Fortune Barishal - Full Squad
Players being enticed before auction EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 7:04 am by Admin

» Rivals: Dhaka Dynamites v Rangpur Riders thing
Players being enticed before auction EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 4:04 am by Admin

» Adam Zampa confirmed by Sylhet Surma Sixers
Players being enticed before auction EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 10:06 am by Admin

» Jos Buttler to be paid 2 crore in BPL
Players being enticed before auction EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 11:11 pm by Admin

» Ticket price of this year’s BPL will be lower
Players being enticed before auction EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 7:40 pm by Admin

» Sylhet all set to arrange BPL 2017
Players being enticed before auction EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 7:29 pm by Admin

» Jos Buttler to play the full season of BPL’5 for Comilla Victorians
Players being enticed before auction EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 8:57 am by Admin

Sponsored
Sponsored
Facebook

Players being enticed before auction

2 posters

Go down

Players being enticed before auction Empty Players being enticed before auction

Post  Admin Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:11 pm

The players’ auction for the Bangladesh Premier League may turn into a mere formality as franchisees are involved in underhand dealing with players, it has been alleged. The BPL governing council planned to host the auction for both local and foreign players at a city hotel on January 19, but players confessed they have already been approached by the franchisees.

‘I was offered more money than my base price. But to get that money I was told to withdraw my name from the auction,’ said promising leg-spinner Nur Hossain. ‘But I refused the offer and decided to try my luck in the auction,’ said Hossain, a category C cricketer, whose bidding will start from $20,000. When contacted left-arm spinner Enamul Haque Jnr, he also said that he has been approached by franchisees, though none made any solid financial offer.

The allegation of pre-auction talks with players was evident in a comment of Athar Ali Khan, a Rajshahi official, who admitted that they are in touch with several players. ‘We are trying to contact several players,’ Athar told reporters during the logo unveiling ceremony of Duronto Rajshahi franchise. Asked if they are allowed to do this, an embarrassed Athar quickly withdrew his comment, though the secret was already leaked.

Gazi Ashraf Hossain, chairman of the BPL governing council, warned the players not to get involved in this kind of act and said they will take exemplary steps if they found anyone doing so. ‘No player should get involved in this kind of dealing and if it is proved then they will be sent home rather than playing in the tournament.’

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://bplt20.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Players being enticed before auction Empty auction

Post  Apurba007 Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:34 pm

great............... Cool
Apurba007
Apurba007

Back to top Go down