Bangladesh Premier League T20
The fourth edition of the Bangladesh Premier League is going to take place in this coming November; BCB Media Committee chairman Jalal Yunus informed about the matter.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The fourth edition of the Bangladesh Premier League is going to take place in this coming November; BCB Media Committee chairman Jalal Yunus informed about the matter.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dhaka Dominators - Full Squad 2023
-- New -- Mominul has a big future: Phil Mustard EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 4:37 pm by Admin

» Sylhet Strikers - 2023 Squad
-- New -- Mominul has a big future: Phil Mustard EmptyMon Nov 07, 2022 3:19 am by Admin

» Fortune Barishal - Full Squad
-- New -- Mominul has a big future: Phil Mustard EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 7:04 am by Admin

» Rivals: Dhaka Dynamites v Rangpur Riders thing
-- New -- Mominul has a big future: Phil Mustard EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 4:04 am by Admin

» Adam Zampa confirmed by Sylhet Surma Sixers
-- New -- Mominul has a big future: Phil Mustard EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 10:06 am by Admin

» Jos Buttler to be paid 2 crore in BPL
-- New -- Mominul has a big future: Phil Mustard EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 11:11 pm by Admin

» Ticket price of this year’s BPL will be lower
-- New -- Mominul has a big future: Phil Mustard EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 7:40 pm by Admin

» Sylhet all set to arrange BPL 2017
-- New -- Mominul has a big future: Phil Mustard EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 7:29 pm by Admin

» Jos Buttler to play the full season of BPL’5 for Comilla Victorians
-- New -- Mominul has a big future: Phil Mustard EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 8:57 am by Admin

Sponsored
Sponsored
Facebook

-- New -- Mominul has a big future: Phil Mustard

Go down

-- New -- Mominul has a big future: Phil Mustard Empty -- New -- Mominul has a big future: Phil Mustard

Post  ridoy24 Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:37 am

Mominul has a big future: Phil Mustard

-- New -- Mominul has a big future: Phil Mustard 670x393_1330522903_Phil-Mustard-Interview

Question: What are your thoughts on the local cricketers of the BPL?
Phil Mustard (PM): I think the local cricketers that we have got at Barisal Burners, we got some real talent coming through. Obviously, you guys have some good left-armers (spinners). We have got Shuvo (Sohrawardi) and Apu (Nazmul) in our team. What I have seen in the last week or so, obviously you have Shakib (Al Hasan), everyone knows about him. You have got Sunny (Elias) from Dhaka (Gladiators) who is a pretty good bowler as well. You guys have some very good young talent here. I just think you guys need to put something in place for the young talents to improve. I think we have not seen too much of the batters. They will work on it but I think we have got a very good one at Barisal, young left-hander Mominul (Haque), he is looking like a very good player. I think he has got a big future.

Q: Overall, how you would rate the quality of cricket on show at the tournament?
PM: I think it is the same as anywhere you go around the world. Obviously, I think the quality improves when you bring in overseas players. All this time, I think with the financial condition of the BPL, they can improve with the tournament. Bringing in the overseas guys to help these young guys, I think it is good for Bangladesh cricket.

Q: How can the tournament improve in the upcoming years?
PM: I think as a whole, obviously, they have rushed into things a little bit. I think if they had four or five weeks to organize it, they could have pulled it off. They will learn from the mistakes that happened over the past couple of weeks. Obviously the traffic can improve. And everyone can look forward for next year. Hopefully, I will find it a little bit better over a longer period next year. Hopefully the next years will be better.

Q: On a personal level, how have you enjoyed the tournament?
PM: Yes, I have really enjoyed it. Obviously, I have not played any overseas cricket lately because in the English summer, there is nothing else I can do but it has been a great experience. I have been around the up-and-coming Bangladeshi players. I have been around some world class internationals, so, obviously I have enjoyed the tournament and hopefully it carries on like this.

Q: What are your thoughts before the big final?
PM: Obviously, we will be playing in front of a massive crowd because Dhaka's up there (final opponents) and they (crowd) are their home crowd. Obviously, you have got the likes of the Pakistan guys (Shahid Afridi and Saeed Ajmal) coming in, which will be good. But I think we have got the same team playing throughout. We lost Harwood (Shane) early on so we got Kabir Ali. So I think we are ahead of them at the moment. We have got a squad that we have stuck with, did not change anything. I think it is hard to say well if bringing in these big guns like Afridi and Ajmal will work, will they fit into their team spirit? For me, I do not think they can.
ridoy24
ridoy24

http:// http://xterm-ridoy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down