Bangladesh Premier League T20
The fourth edition of the Bangladesh Premier League is going to take place in this coming November; BCB Media Committee chairman Jalal Yunus informed about the matter.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The fourth edition of the Bangladesh Premier League is going to take place in this coming November; BCB Media Committee chairman Jalal Yunus informed about the matter.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dhaka Dominators - Full Squad 2023
Mashrafe, Tamim against five foreign players EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 4:37 pm by Admin

» Sylhet Strikers - 2023 Squad
Mashrafe, Tamim against five foreign players EmptyMon Nov 07, 2022 3:19 am by Admin

» Fortune Barishal - Full Squad
Mashrafe, Tamim against five foreign players EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 7:04 am by Admin

» Rivals: Dhaka Dynamites v Rangpur Riders thing
Mashrafe, Tamim against five foreign players EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 4:04 am by Admin

» Adam Zampa confirmed by Sylhet Surma Sixers
Mashrafe, Tamim against five foreign players EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 10:06 am by Admin

» Jos Buttler to be paid 2 crore in BPL
Mashrafe, Tamim against five foreign players EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 11:11 pm by Admin

» Ticket price of this year’s BPL will be lower
Mashrafe, Tamim against five foreign players EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 7:40 pm by Admin

» Sylhet all set to arrange BPL 2017
Mashrafe, Tamim against five foreign players EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 7:29 pm by Admin

» Jos Buttler to play the full season of BPL’5 for Comilla Victorians
Mashrafe, Tamim against five foreign players EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 8:57 am by Admin

Sponsored
Sponsored
Facebook

Mashrafe, Tamim against five foreign players

Go down

Mashrafe, Tamim against five foreign players Empty Mashrafe, Tamim against five foreign players

Post  Admin Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:38 pm

Mashrafe, Tamim against five foreign players Mash-ta

Nothing is confirmed yet. But the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) is planning to increase the number of foreign players in every team’s playing XI from 4 to 5 in the upcoming 5th season of the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL).

Though it shouldn’t be a big concern for the national cricketers, but it could affect the players outside the national pool greatly. And so, national players like Mashrafe Bin Mortaza and Tamim Iqbal have raised their voice against the possibility of allowing five foreign players to play.

The southpaw opener Tamim said, “The decision is yet to be finalised. But as you are asking me this, so I am telling you. I have been in the national team for over a decade, so if the board asks my opinion as a senior cricketer, I will tell them that I am against it. I have already requested my franchise not to give in to BCB’s proposal to add one more foreign player in the playing XI.”

Bangladesh’s 50-over format captain Mashrafe also echoed similar sentiment, “This tournament is a big opportunity to create more back-up players. If you have noticed, in last four seasons, that team won every time which had the local players doing better.

“Now if you increase foreign players, win-loss will depend more on them.Besides if you take one more foreign player, that means one less local player will get chance, which I don’t want.” If the board wants my opinion, I will go for four foreign players as it was before.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://bplt20.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down