Bangladesh Premier League T20
The fourth edition of the Bangladesh Premier League is going to take place in this coming November; BCB Media Committee chairman Jalal Yunus informed about the matter.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The fourth edition of the Bangladesh Premier League is going to take place in this coming November; BCB Media Committee chairman Jalal Yunus informed about the matter.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dhaka Dominators - Full Squad 2023
-- New -- Abdur Razzak adds voice to payments issue EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 4:37 pm by Admin

» Sylhet Strikers - 2023 Squad
-- New -- Abdur Razzak adds voice to payments issue EmptyMon Nov 07, 2022 3:19 am by Admin

» Fortune Barishal - Full Squad
-- New -- Abdur Razzak adds voice to payments issue EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 7:04 am by Admin

» Rivals: Dhaka Dynamites v Rangpur Riders thing
-- New -- Abdur Razzak adds voice to payments issue EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 4:04 am by Admin

» Adam Zampa confirmed by Sylhet Surma Sixers
-- New -- Abdur Razzak adds voice to payments issue EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 10:06 am by Admin

» Jos Buttler to be paid 2 crore in BPL
-- New -- Abdur Razzak adds voice to payments issue EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 11:11 pm by Admin

» Ticket price of this year’s BPL will be lower
-- New -- Abdur Razzak adds voice to payments issue EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 7:40 pm by Admin

» Sylhet all set to arrange BPL 2017
-- New -- Abdur Razzak adds voice to payments issue EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 7:29 pm by Admin

» Jos Buttler to play the full season of BPL’5 for Comilla Victorians
-- New -- Abdur Razzak adds voice to payments issue EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 8:57 am by Admin

Sponsored
Sponsored
Facebook

-- New -- Abdur Razzak adds voice to payments issue

Go down

-- New -- Abdur Razzak adds voice to payments issue Empty -- New -- Abdur Razzak adds voice to payments issue

Post  morthaza Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:27 am

-- New -- Abdur Razzak adds voice to payments issue 125723.2
Abdur Razzak is the latest player to voice his unhappiness at not being paid by his BPL team
Rangpur Riders captain Abdur Razzak has said his team's players have been playing "free of cost" in this season of the Bangladesh Premier League because they haven't been paid yet. Razzak's comments come a day after Owais Shah, the Dhaka Gladiators batsman, complained he had not been paid the first installment (25%) of his $75,000 paycheck.

The Riders are third in the tournament with three wins, after they went down to Sylhet Royals by five wickets on Thursday.

"Our focus is bound to be hampered," Razzak said. "The foreign players in my team are feeling insecure. Our owner has told us the payments will be cleared before the second round. It would be great if it happens because we are all professional cricketers. We have played free of cost so far, so there have been discussions among the players."

Razzak said he hoped the owners understood that cricket was the only source of income for most of the players, but wasn't certain he would see all the money. "I am not saying that I will be playing free of cost but if I had to, it wouldn't be a good situation. What will be my livelihood? I have spent my life in cricket.

"Truth be told, I am not confident about payment. If I say I am confident, I might not get paid, and if I say I won't get paid, they may clear the payment."

Shah had said that he received the remittance slip from the Bangladesh board but the amount had not been credited into his account. ESPNcricinfo was also told that Shah was just one of many players not to have been paid.

Tim May, the the chief executive of the Federation of International Cricketers' Associations (FICA), said that players' patience with the organisers had worn thin and there was possibility of a boycott if the payments were not made.

morthaza

http://www.vii-b.webs.com

Back to top Go down