Bangladesh Premier League T20
The fourth edition of the Bangladesh Premier League is going to take place in this coming November; BCB Media Committee chairman Jalal Yunus informed about the matter.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The fourth edition of the Bangladesh Premier League is going to take place in this coming November; BCB Media Committee chairman Jalal Yunus informed about the matter.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dhaka Dominators - Full Squad 2023
Flora snaps up Rangpur Riders at secret auction EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 4:37 pm by Admin

» Sylhet Strikers - 2023 Squad
Flora snaps up Rangpur Riders at secret auction EmptyMon Nov 07, 2022 3:19 am by Admin

» Fortune Barishal - Full Squad
Flora snaps up Rangpur Riders at secret auction EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 7:04 am by Admin

» Rivals: Dhaka Dynamites v Rangpur Riders thing
Flora snaps up Rangpur Riders at secret auction EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 4:04 am by Admin

» Adam Zampa confirmed by Sylhet Surma Sixers
Flora snaps up Rangpur Riders at secret auction EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 10:06 am by Admin

» Jos Buttler to be paid 2 crore in BPL
Flora snaps up Rangpur Riders at secret auction EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 11:11 pm by Admin

» Ticket price of this year’s BPL will be lower
Flora snaps up Rangpur Riders at secret auction EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 7:40 pm by Admin

» Sylhet all set to arrange BPL 2017
Flora snaps up Rangpur Riders at secret auction EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 7:29 pm by Admin

» Jos Buttler to play the full season of BPL’5 for Comilla Victorians
Flora snaps up Rangpur Riders at secret auction EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 8:57 am by Admin

Sponsored
Sponsored
Facebook

Flora snaps up Rangpur Riders at secret auction

Go down

Flora snaps up Rangpur Riders at secret auction Empty Flora snaps up Rangpur Riders at secret auction

Post  Admin Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:31 pm

I-Sports Limited, a sister concern of Flora Telecom, bought the seventh Bangladesh Premier League Rangpur Riders at a closed-door auction, which raised quite a few eyebrows.

The auction took place at the Dhaka Club on Saturday, though there was no hint about any such auction at the BPL press conference held a day earlier at the Bangladesh Cricket Board office.

BPL governing council member-secretary IH Mallick told reporters that they were in negotiations with a few interested parties on the sale of the seventh franchise, which was added to the six franchises this season.

But to everybody’s surprise Anjan Ganguly, a director of Game On Sports Management, the event management firm responsible for organising the competition, told reporters on Saturday that they held an auction and I-Sports outbid a company called Haque Brothers to take the franchise for $11 million.

When BPL secretary Mallick’s attention was drawn to this matter, he said that Game On is responsible for any such auction as the governing council can only endorse its move.

‘It is the duty of Game On to pick out the franchise. We have no role in it,’ he said, adding that the auction was arranged as there were more than one interested parties.

Mallick also added that the auction was supposed to be confidential and this was one of the reasons they did not feel the necessity of inviting the media and making it open.

When it was pointed out to him that the franchise auction in the first edition was open to all, the new BPL secretary Mallick, who had replaced Sirajuddin Mohhammad Alamgir, said he had no knowledge about it.

Game On director Anjan Ganguly said they had three interested buyers for the Rangpur franchise but ASN Sports limited was disqualified as they did not quote the bid price,’ said Anjan.

Rafiqul Islam, the managing director of Flora and chairman of I-sports, was excited to get the opportunity of participating in the cash-rich tournament.

‘I wanted to take part in the inaugural edition but unfortunately that could not happen,’ Rafiqul told reporters.
‘The moment I heard that a new franchise will be auctioned off I was looking to take the chance,’ he said.

Six franchises – Dhaka Gladiators, Barisal Burners, Chittagong Kings, Duranto Rajshahi, Sylhet Royals and Khulna Royal Bengals – participated in the inaugural edition of the tournament held earlier this year.

The second edition of the BPL is expected to roll on the field on January 18.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://bplt20.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down